Below are our current vacancies throughout the United States.
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Department: Business Process Management (BPM)
Division: Business Process and Systems
Responsible for the support, maintenance and development of the organizations global information system and its associated peripheral systems and processes. This position works under limited supervision. Prepares recommendations for new systems, enhancements to existing systems and changes to procedures to improve efficiency and work flow.
This position requires a good working knowledge of the organizations global information system and its associated peripheral systems, the organizational structure, and business functions and procedures. This position differs from the Business Systems Manger position in that projects assigned have limited impact on the organization.
• Prepares recommendations for new systems, enhancements and changes to procedures to improve efficiency and work flow
• Acts as lead on development, design and implementation of projects with a limited scope
• Analyze and evaluate requests for enhancing existing systems and proposals for new systems and make recommendations to management
• Draft system design requirements and logic specifications for submission to technical development teams under the guidance of senior BPM staff
• Test enhancements and new systems, ensuring proper functionality and compatibility with local business requirements; coordinate with development team to resolve technical problems
• Monitor the implementation of system changes in production and coordinate user acceptance testing
• Write and maintain system documentation, user guides and procedures
• Provide system operational training to staff and system users
• Provide business departments with assistance in resolving computer related problems by troubleshooting and coordinating with IT staff when needed
• Identify and resolve EDI communication errors
• Document system problems and solutions for future reference
• Participate as a team member and lead on inter-departmental and cross-departmental projects with a limited scope
• Monitor and report on data quality; identify and support improvement measures
• Maintain Corporate Performance Monitoring Key Performance Indicators
• Other duties of similar scope as assigned
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or a related field and 2 years of experience as a systems analyst or a combination of education or experience that provides and equivalent background required to perform the job functions. Shipping industry experience is preferred.
Additional Qualifications and Requirements:
• Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access) and SharePoint
• Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and devise effective and logical system and procedural solutions
• Work effectively independently as well as in a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical organization members
• Ability to learn new computer systems independently through self-study and practice and teach others